https://www.organicfacts.net/health-benefits/minerals/health-benefits-of-manganese.htmlRecently I was breezing through some articles and I came across an article on the importance of crying. I was about to skip over it (because everyone knows that it is good to releasing emotions) when I read something that caught my eye…. crying also significantly reduces the body’s manganese level.
There is science behind why we cry!
When we cry, our tears release high levels of manganese that have built up in our body. Releasing this amount of manganese makes us feel better, hence why we feel better after a good cry.
What is manganese?
Manganese is a mineral found naturally in the food we eat, including soy products, whole grains, leafy vegetables and tea.
Our body needs manganese to help with a large number of functions, including;
- forming connective tissue
- metabolising fats and carbohydrates
- absorbing calcium
- regulating blood sugar levels
- helping in the function of the thyroid gland and sex hormones
Studies have shown that when our manganese levels are within a healthy range we feel better. It is even known that manganese can help relieve the symptoms of premenstrual syndrome.
However, over exposure to manganese can be dangerous and can cause a number of negative feelings including anxiety, nervousness, irritability, fatigue, aggression and emotional disturbance. Some studies have even linked hyperactive behaviour, ADHD and aggressive and violent behaviour to elevated levels of manganese.
When we are overexposed our bodies naturally want to get rid of excess manganese, and the quickest and most efficient way to do this, is to cry. In fact, we release the highest levels of manganese through our tears – much higher than any other method of release.
What are some other benefits of crying?
- Crying lowers blood pressure and pulse rate, which can also explain why we feel calm after crying.
- Stress levels are also reduced after a cry, meaning this could be our body’s way of reducing the risk of a stress-related heart attack.
- Tears actually help clear out toxins that build up in our body when we are stressed.
- Tears moisturise, soothe and lubricate our eyes, allowing us to see.
- Crying is cathartic. It allows us to release any pent up feelings or emotions that are trapped
- Tears contain lysozyme, an enzyme that kills 90% of bacteria in 5-10 minutes.
Having a good cry is actually really good for you, so don’t be shy about getting the tissues out.
Julie Lewin – a world renowned Medical Intuitive started her journey in the art of intuition in 1984. She appeared in four episodes of the TV show “The Extraordinary” which was syndicated to 22 countries. She’s a published author, two x Amazon #1 Bestseller and has a Bachelor in Metaphysical Science. Julie won the Our Internet Secrets Business Builder Award 2013, has founded a charity, and runs transformational retreats. JOIN our VIP membership program.